Five Things is a series of short journal posts introducing each of the writers and artists involved in our up-coming Time project.
Since the project's inception, the idea has been to create an environment where independent writers and artists could come together in order to share their work. The result of this endeavour is a collection of stories, images and poems based around the theme of time, its pages placing particular focus upon the relationship between words and pictures. By sharing in this way we hope to inspire each other as well as those around us, to draw a diverse audience and so help to illuminate the work of alternative artists and writers everywhere. Biography.
My name's Bryn 'Byrd' Hall
. I dwell in the deepest, darkest corner of South West Cornwall. I work as a Freelance Illustrator and as a passionate surfer, naturally I stumbled into the 'Surf-Art' category.
My work is inspired by the ocean. I try to express the freedom and beauty I find when out in the water, looking back at the world. I have worked for local and multinational brands, mainly Surf companies such as Oxbow Europe, Blue Lava and Nordic Surfers Magazine. With a constantly evolving style, I'm ever ready to try new methods and techniques in whatever design orientated worlds that open up to me. I hope you like my work as much as I enjoy making it!
CheersyFive Things that have Inspired my Art.
M.C.Escher, Three Worlds
- All his work has captured my imagination since I was very young. This piece in particular 'Three Worlds' is my all time favourite. All three elements depicted are perfectly intertwined in a natural way, autumnal, somber and perhaps a little melancholy.Jim Henson, The Dark Crystal & The Labyrinth
- If you haven't seen them, I suggest you do! All will become clear.Jim Sweet, Dream in, Dream out
- A complicated, fantasy poster I had on my bedroom wall for many years. A very detailed pencil drawing, every time I viewed it, something new would appear. I could stare at it for hours.Joan Aiken, The Kingdom Under The Sea
- A collection of short stories beautifully illustrated by Jan Pienkowski. The background is created by a marbling technique, with detailed, silhouetted figures overlaid.The Ocean
- In general, surfing, the ocean and its many forms, colors and moods.The Time Project.
1. Time Book Launch Lazy Gramophone Events Page
2. Time Book Launch Facebook Page
3. View our Clock page
(counting down to the release of Time)4. An introduction to Time5.
Contributors' Five Things
- Adam Green
- Bryn Hall
- Inua Ellams
- Zoe Catherine Kendall
- Andrew Walter
- Laura Dockrill
- Mat Lloyd
- Sorana Santos
- Will Conway- Hannah Stephenson
- Matt Black
- Claire Fletcher
- Carl Laurence
- Zophiel Webb
- Jude Melling
- Stacie Withers
- Tom Hirons
- Megan Leonie Hall
- Vincent J Prince
- Kaitlin Beckett
- Guy J Jackson
- Eliza Gregory
- Jeannie Paske
- Jo Tedds
- Maria Drummey
- Tom Harris
- Liz Adams
- Lola Dupre
- Kirsty Allison
- Alexander Aspinall
- Paul Bloom6. Buy Time from the Lazy Gramophone Shop 7.
(Click the links below to read each article in full)Huffington Post:
'An intriguing book project from one of the most innovative groups of creative people in the city.
' ~ Huffington PostFabric Magazine:
'...we'll bet you've never seen time as it's portrayed in this stunning new publication.
' ~ Fabric MagazineRooms Magazine:
'Time is a treasure box brimming with creativity and fresh talent.
' ~ Rooms MagazineAnnexe Magazine:
'Lazy Gramophone's anthology, Time, lives up to the high bar it sets for itself.
' ~ Annexe MagazineMORE..
For more on The Time Project tweet us @lazygramophone
or visit our Time Facebook page.
Title: The Time Project - Lazy Gramophone Press